Monday, January 24, 2011

More Crafty than Usual

Not much garment sewing this past week, but finishing up some "crafts".  The baby quilt for my great niece Amina is done. 
I don't really like quilting or doing the binding, but I do like piecing.  So, after a quilt is pieced, I generally quilt it the quickest and easiest way possible.  So, that is usually some sort of grid.   This way of quilting, does limited types of quilts, because anything that is more than just blocks/square would not look good grid quilted.  But the baby quilts I like to make are ones that they will use until they are worn out!    This is done, the binding was sewn on by hand and the label was created using HP Custon Quilt Label Kit - designed on the computer and printed onto fabric. HP custom quilt label kit

I also used my embroidery machine and embroidered a couple of kitchen towels.  Basically, all I have to do is monitor the embroidery (make sure it doesn't jam, thread breaks, etc.) and change the thread when needed.





and the towels I did this weekend, which are ready to be mailed off




No comments:

Post a Comment