Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Simplicity 2369

Thisis my third dress using this pattern and at least for now, my last.  I do love this pattern, and it was voted one of the top 10 for 2011 over at PatternReview Top 10 Article Here Not sure how this pattern escaped my sewing list until now, but it is a great pattern.
I changed up the neckline a bit by adding binding.  I generally don't like just folding over the neckline and hemming it.  I like using a binding because I can use the binding to tug in the neckline and make it hug a bit more.  I don't have as good of luck doing this with clear elastic.  Using a binding also raises the neckline a bit, which I find I need more often than not.

This dress requires a buckle at the side.  Buckles can be hard to find and so this weekend, when I was in downtown LA fabric shopping I saw a bin of buckles 2 for $1 so I picked up a few.
so now I got a nice little collection.... ok, I already had a collection, but now I have more.   It's always nice to have a stash of fabrics, patterns, notions, etc., when sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment