Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Saturday my friend Denise, her husband Gary, and I went to Disneyland.  We had a great time. I could go several times a year.  I love roller coasters, fireworks, carmel apples, and parades!
On Sunday, after cleaning the carpet on the stairs, the interior or my car, and some yard work (it was too beautiful outside to stay in all day), I worked on two dresses that I had cut earlier this week.
This first one is Vogue 1224.  I made this up a couple of weeks ago, using a border print and did a review of the first version here.   I used a double needle for the hem and it creates a ridge which I like.   This dress will be a late spring, early summer dress.
The second dress is Simplicity 2369. Here's a review of the first version here.  I've attempted to upload a photo of the second version, but it keeps wanting to position it sideway!  argh!

I'll end this with a photo of a photo of me an Denise on the Tower of Terror at Disneyland... it was our first time on this ride, and we didn't know what to expect.   The picture captures of the moment of surprise when the floor drops off.


 Denise and I have been friends since sixth grade.  We can sometimes go months, and I think we've even gone a few years, without connecting, but always pick up where we left off when we see each other.  She and I now have our annual vacation - a week in Yosemite, so we never go a year or more w/o seeing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment