Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flag Progress

The top is pieced..... I think.
My brother in law emailed me some photos to add to the wall hanging.  I printed them onto paper backed fabric.  Making sure all photos were 2" wide.  It makes it much easier to arrange and assemble if everything is consistent. The paper backed easily peels off.

Then I gathered my various borders and the flag and went over my various border and arrangement options
I decided I didn't like the gold/yellow border, ripped it out, and did a narrow blue border followed by a narrow red and white striped pieced border, and then the final wide blue border that included the photos on top, and the embroidered logo and patch on the bottom.   Just need some black batting (white would creep through the blue after a period of time), then sandwich the backing and top and machine quilt. This is the pieced top all sewn together.
 I used the smaller stars and I think they look much better, more proportionally correct.
The backing will be an Air Force print.  Not sure how I will quilt it, but one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment