Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vogue 8676

Finished the Vogue 8676 jacket in the sewing line-up

this was a lot of fun to make, and pretty easy!  The fabric was great.  I'm tempted to buy more, but I'm resisting because I have enough fabric in my stash to last a lifetime....    Besides, I only need one of these unique jackets and what will I do with more grey wool knit?  Oooh, I saw, wrap top?  No... stop it.
Ok, back to the jacket.... here's the back view
these are just circles cut in contrasting and fashion fabric, edge stitched on, then a 1/4" strip of the fabric is sewn on in four places.  The strips are stretched a bit so that they curl.  The back seam is exposed.  It's the only exposed seam which I think is a bit inconsistent, and I'm not sure I would do it again.
Here's the collar which is 4 2" strips sewn together.  the same technique is used for the cuffs.
[why do my pictures post here sideways?  It's so annoying and I can't fix it.  eesh.  They are not sideways in my album.]

close up of the button/snap cover.   

and a close up of the pocket.  1 circle edged stitched down completely, the second circle only 3/4 stitched down.   And here's a link to the pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment