Thursday, February 16, 2012

Arizona - and no sewing

This past weekend I flew with my sister and her two kids to Arizona to visit my parents. It was the kids first airplane ride.  We got to Arizona at 11AM saturday morning and went to Goldfield  Ghost Town at the  base of the Superstition Mountains in Apache Junction.

The Superstitions are full of legends, most notably the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine.  This is a view of the Superstitions from the Goldfield Ghost Town.  We started the our visit with a train ride around the perimeter of the ghost town.





After the train ride we walked around....  Goldfield has the usual old cars, gun fight, bordello, church, jail, saloon, and mine tour.  It was a beautiful day and great to be outside. 
My dad enjoys the old cars and you can see him here, checking them out.  He brought the dog... my dad and the dog...  they are rarely apart. 

We enjoyed our visit.  I make a point to visit my parents at least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment