Thursday, September 22, 2011

yea, yea, yea... I know, time to post

I don't feel like I've done any real sewing this summer, but when I glance through my photos, there are a few things I've made:
Shirt for my dad, sewing apron, dresses, skirts, and a tee.  Most everything has been reviewed on Pattern Review and the links to the detailed reviews are over to your right on this page.

I've also taken several sewing related classes this summer both at the ASG Conference which was held this year in Los Angeles and at the Long Beach Quilt Festival. I learned couture sewing techniques with Susan Khalje; how to make a signature chop (still need to finish that), wonderful techniques with Marla Kazell; fabric dying with Pokey Bolton and Diane Ricks; and many more. I've even purchased a few kits that I really need to get going on.  I've taken the teen sewing group to The Getty where we had a private tour of some of their costumes and craft exhibits; sewn pillowcases with the Girl Scouts who are working towards their Silver Award, and made skirts with the ASG Teen Neighborhood Group.

I've done some quick trips to Portland to visit family and friends, spent time locally with family, and even managed to go to Disneyland....
All in all, it's been a great summer...  I'm ready for Fall, sewing, working in the yard, and spending more time with family and friends!  And yes, blogging....

No comments:

Post a Comment