Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chicago... my kind of town - Part 1

I went to Chicago aka the City with the Big Shoulders, The Windy City, Second City, and Chi Town to name a few.
I was born near Chicago, in Bellwood to be exact.  We moved to California when I was 6 years old.  I missed not growing up with a hoard of relatives and always felt like I missed something.  But, lucky for me I got 3 sisters, and 2 brothers.

The first day we got up early and headed out to Millenium Park located in the loop area of chicago.  It's called the loop area because this is where the el loops around. This area used to be rail yards and a smaller park.  The park has a pavillion, gardens, fountains, and the "bean" which is actually called "Cloud Gate".

I love the way it reflects the city.   The Park also has the Crown Fountain which is an interactive video sculpture. The fountain is 50 feet tall and displays faces of residents of Chicago.



The streets were full of blooming tulips and apple trees.  It was beautiful!



My husband joined me the first 5 days and I was able to show him the city.... we ate delicious food, walked, visited with my cousins, went on several tours,  and had a great time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment