Monday, October 7, 2013

T-Shirt Marathon

After the wedding gown and Chanel inspired jacket, I needed something simple to sew.  I also noted a "hole" in my wardrobe this summer in the lack of t-shirts to go with jeans and/or shorts. I am now working part time (3 days a week) and spend more time in casual clothing then work clothing.  (By the way, 3 days a week is perfect and I love my new schedule.)

I pulled together some 1 yard cuts of fabric and bought a few online and sewed up 6 t-shirts.  I think the thread changes on my serger and coverlock was the most time consuming portion.

The Jalie 2805 and Simplicity 4076 (gathered cf neckline) are almost identical.  The Jalie has the tulip sleeve and the fit is a little more generous.  Because I only had a yard of each fabric (except the pink), I was limited on the details for Vogue 8879 and not able to add the sleeve details which I do like and will most likely make again with the details. I will not add the open back feature. I now have some fun new tee's to wear with jeans this fall. 

The black and grey striped is from Stone Mountain and is a sweater knit; the pink is a rayon knit from FIDM for $1 a yard; a couple are from The Sewing Workshop and are still available. I love prints with letters and this fabric is so soft and washed really nicely; this gold and white striped fabric is a great weight and I'm tempted to buy more. 

Oh, and I finished my Chanel inspired jacket.
I'm not sure if I like it or maybe I'm just tired of looking at it. But I'm so glad it is done.  Here are some details. 
The buttons I purchased from Susan Khalje.



I'm not crazy about the trim either but could not find what I had envisioned so I used grosgrain ribbon and a trim.  I will most likely wear this jacket with jeans.

chain at hem; hook front closure; quilting details

2 comments:

  1. Your jacket is beautiful. Enjoy wearing it every chance you get. I love the first one that I made and I now have a second that I need to get on the stick and finish. These jackets can be addictive ;)

    ReplyDelete