Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Things on the Horizon

I know I've been MIA for a while... I'm working on a new sewing venture.
One of the things I've learned in the past several years is that if you have a job/career doing what you love, you will be successful!  Don't select a job or career for the money, do it because you love it!  I see this time and time again .  Yes, I like my job... but it's a job. I LOVE sewing and SHARING my sewing.  I look forward to teaching the teen group every month, and inviting the neighbor kids over to make projects.  I love talking about sewing, and sharing it with anyone who is interested.  I can meet a total stranger and if they sew, they are my new best friend. 

So, a friend and I have been talking for a few years now about starting a sewing business... to share our love of sewing; and a few months back or so ago everything clicked!  Sitting at a conference helping in someone else's booth we realized, that is what we love, sewing, and sharing our sewing!  I don't intend to get rich, I just want share sewing and travel sharing my sewing.  And I certainly am not going to quit my day job. We want to keep it simple and concentrate on knits.  I love knits, they are not scary and you don't need a serger or any fancy equipment.

We will have our Grand Opening (via internet) in early January... stay tuned. And here's a sneak peak at our soon to be live website.

And yes, we will be selling Jalie patterns!  

I've been working like an elf in Santa's workshop lately, and will have some Christmas sewing to share later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment